HealthHub – Centre for Innovative Healthcare is a non-governmental organisation that helps hospitals and other healthcare institutions to digital transformation and digital innovation and has been operating as EDIH since 2021. Its aim is to support structural reforms, innovation and digital transformation of the healthcare sector in Slovakia in order to increase its quality and efficiency. It considers its mission to increase trust in health-related technologies, ensure more accurate diagnosis, better disease prevention and more effective treatment.
In its activities, it focuses mainly on:
1. advanced technology solutions, in which it helps identify needs with the help of experts, designs specific customized solutions and deploys appropriate innovations;
2. the creation of innovative projects, ranging from sourcing and inspiration, through the development of project documentation to full implementation;
3. networking and policy development, creating a space for all those who want to participate in the digital transformation of healthcare in Slovakia.
It offers a wide range of services focused on specific client needs, in the following areas:
1. Testing before investing
2. Skills and training
3. Support in finding investments
4. Innovation ecosystem and networking
5. Public sector support
An overview of all the services provided by the Hub in these areas can be found here.
HealthHub provides expertise and access to existing testing facilities in collaboration with partners (of which there are more than 200) ranging from academia to the public sector and healthcare facilities to various associations, technology companies, and development and finance companies. If your company would like to become a partner of the Hub, click here please.
The vision of this hub is to create a network including all key Slovak companies and public institutions supporting modern healthcare solutions by 2025. Its testing, development and implementation capacities will ensure a digital transformation of healthcare that will result in a significant improvement of healthcare in Slovakia with the potential to expand across Europe. It is anticipated that at least 450 organisations will benefit from a significant increase in the digital maturity index, while the project is estimated to trigger at least €6 million of additional investment and increase the market maturity of the participating start-ups.