In the Eastern Slovakia region, EDIH CASSOVIUM helps to increase the competitiveness of SMEs, startups and the efficiency of public sector organisations through the innovative use of digital technologies. The hub’s assistance consists mainly in providing expert advice, training and access to innovative technologies and financial support. It aims to kick-start processes related to the digital transformation of companies by leveraging key technology solutions from the fields of artificial intelligence, Industry 4.0, cybersecurity and others. Developing high-tech skills in firms and organisations to reflect the requirements of the digital and green economy, while helping public sector firms and organisations to source funding for their digital innovations is also one of the roles of this hub. CASSOVIUM creates a supportive incubation environment to accelerate high-tech startups and regionally supports the building of a digital innovation ecosystem with the involvement of local, regional, national and European players in the field of digital transformation.
The Košice EDIH is formed by a consortium of three key institutions, namely:
- Technical University of Košice – provides the whole complex of educational, research and innovation activities in the field of technical sciences, economics and arts in the region;
- Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice – it is one of the important and recognized educational and scientific institutions not only in Slovakia but also in Europe; it is a member of national platforms in the field of quantum technologies, artificial intelligence and also a member of EIT Digital; it has an internationally accredited CSIRT workplace, which provides services in the field of cyber security for internal and external clients;
- Košice IT Valley – an internationally recognised regional cluster of IT companies and an important stakeholder in the economic transformation of eastern Slovakia.
CASSOVIUM services are divided into 4 categories:
- Category A – Innovative Technology Testing, Digitization and Automation
- Category B – Training and skills building
- Category C – Support for sourcing funding
- Category D – Networking and innovation ecosystem
A list of all the services covered by each category, together with examples of specific services and a quantification of their value, can be found here.
If your company or organisation is interested in the opportunity to transform its business and operations, take advantage of the free assistance of this particular EDIH funded by the public Digital Europe Programme and the Recovery and Resilience Plan through the contact form.