The Recovery and Resilience Plan (for Slovakia) open 2 calls to support research and innovation:
1. Transformation and Innovation Consortia (TIC) – the aim is to strengthen the research and innovation environment in the Slovak Republic by supporting a small number of thematically defined (by the applicants themselves) consortia.The purpose is to support cooperation between companies, academic sector and R&D organisations, i.e. public and private sector. The aim is thus to support the transformation of key sectors of the economy with high innovation potential. Grant amount: between EUR 10 and 15 million. Deadline: 13.9.2023
2. Creation of a network of European Centres of Digital Innovation and their support – as the name of the call itself suggests, the aim is to create a network of ECDIs (European Centres of Digital Innovation) in Slovakia, which is part of the Digital Europe Programme framework. ECDIs are stand-alone organisations or consortia with expertise, based on a non-profit principle, whose objective is to provide support to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises and public sector organisations in building competitiveness and deploying innovative solutions in the field of digitalisation. Deadline: 30.6.2023
Outside the Recovery and Resilience Plan there are interesting calls, for example:
3. EIT InnoEnergy – looking for the most innovative sustainable energy ideas from around the world in the areas of sustainable energy. The thematic areas of the call are: energy for transport and mobility, energy storage, renewable energy, smart and efficient buildings and cities, circular economy, smart grid. Deadlines: 30.6.2023 (Cut-off 2) , 30.9.2023 (Cut-off 3) and 31.12.2023 (Cut-off 4).
4. Energy Applications Demonstration – Call open under InterConnect. The aim is to develop and deploy energy applications that can help mitigate the impact of the current energy crisis by increasing grid stability, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and lowering energy costs for consumers through the Common European Energy Reference Framework (CERF). Grant amount: EUR 100 000. Deadline: 26.6.2023
5. AEC EUROCLUSTER – Cascading call to support innovation, internationalisation and the take-up of new technologies in the construction sector. The aim is to foster collaboration, accelerate green as well as digital transformation and increase social and economic resilience in areas of the built environment and beyond. AEC EUROCLUSTER promotes eco-innovation and smart products for SMEs in the construction and related sectors. Deadline: 30.6.2023